Estride™ Harmony is a pressure sensing mat specifically designed to measure the distribution of saddle and rider pressure on horses’ backs. You can use it to check saddle fit or analyse riding techniques.
It can gather pressure data through all paces. In-depth analysis of your riding technique vs impact on your horses’ stride. Steady detects any pressure from the rider, saddle or saddle pad and its effects on the horse.
Announcing Estride CloudDoor
Transfer data to anyone in the world in real-time while the rider is riding, Advanced analytics capabilities and much more. Simple and effective platform to send Estride data in real-time for all your devices. Simultaneous connection and data transmission for up to 5 people. Works on mobile to mobile communication over the internet with the new Estride App. Works on Android and iOS phones and tablets.
*CloudDoor is an optional monthly subscription service to transmit data in real-time over the internet. You can use your Estride device without the CloudDoor platform. You can still send data to the MyEstride portal for detailed analysis or view it on mobile.
Military Grade Sensor & Advanced Artificial Intelligence
Unlike other pressure mats, Harmony uses a sensor sheet that is polyethylene based carbon-filled film, instead of hard pressure sensors. This means that the mat is fully flexible and the sensors are not susceptible to breakage. The sensor film
- Does not require calibration as it is unaffected by age and temperature. Usage does not change the surface pressure resistance levels
- Exhibits good thermal stability and has outstanding chemical and abrasion resistance
- Quality high enough to meet even the electrical requirements of military specification MIL-PRF-81705D Type II and MIL-P-82646
Estride Harmony works more on relative pressure rather than an absolute pressure. Whilst, Harmony shows you the approximate pressure in N/cm2, PSI and KPA, it is important to note that the values are a guide and not absolute pressure/force values.
At Estride, we believe that for everyday saddle fitting it is quite important to measure the relative pressure i.e the distribution of pressure on the back of the horse.
Introducing Harmony G3
Suited for English and Western Saddles
Full Leather pressure mat with removable and washable underside layer. Mat is high withered suited for horses comfort. Made with real buffalo leather, the mat is durable and robust. Mat is suitable for both English and Western Saddles
- Recording Box Placement: Side (Left)
- No of Sensors: 900
- Sensor Resolution: 0.35 sensors/cm2
- Mat Dimensions: 80cm x 72 cm
- Effective Measuring Area: 50.1 x 55.9 cm
- Maximum saddle length: 64cm
- Sensing Area Thickness: 3 mm
- Refresh Rate: Adjustable refresh rate (5 Hz – 60 Hz)
What’s new with G3?
- Suitable for both English and Western saddles
- Faster. Refresh rate throttle up to about 25Hz
- On-Board memory storage
- Biosecurity – Waterproof & washable underlay
- Latest design suitable for even high withered horses
- Non-obstructive to horses stride
According to British Equestrian
Biosecurity is a set of preventative actions that are designed to reduce the risk of disease transmission. By following correct biosecurity actions, you’ll reduce the likelihood of your horse catching a disease or passing it on to others. If we all carry out good biosecurity actions, the risk of infectious diseases spreading around the horse population reduces significantly.
It’s therefore important to keep horses healthy and know the steps you need to take to minimise the spread of infection and disease. This is crucial because the disease can put all horses’ health and lives at risk (yours, as well as everyone else’s) and can affect everything you do with your horse from the ability to hack, compete, travel and generally enjoy time with your horses. We are all responsible for horse health, so play your part.
Always change or wash the waterproof lining before using it on a new horse
Some useful information about equine Biosecurity
Biosecurity Advisory Standards
World horse welfare keeping your horse healthy pack
British Equine veterinary association yard health wallchart checklist
- English saddle mat material: Real Buffalo Leather + Waterproof layer
- Western saddle mat material: Real Buffalo Leather
- Instant mode range: Approx 5 meters
- Max Pressure Range: 1kPa – 150kPa
- Measurement Frequency: Instant Mode – 5Hz – 60Hz – Record Mode – 5 Hz
- Storage Type: MicroSD Card
- Power Supply: Li-Po battery
- Battery Life: Approx 2-3 Hours
- Mobile Interface: Bluetooth (BLE 5.0)
- Accuracy: ±10%
- Bluetooth operating temperature: -4℃ to 65℃
- Other components operating temperature: -40℃ to 85℃
- Chemistry Type: Carbon-Loaded PE
- Sensor Thickness: 0.2mm
- ROHS Compliant: Yes
- CE Rated: Yes
- Operating temperature: -40℃ to 85℃ (Readings not affected by age, temperature or humidity)
Click here for Sensor Technical Data Sheet
Click here for Sensor Safety Data Sheet